Sunday, July 23, 2006

thank you

wow, looks like i lost it yesterday. i was so upset and stressed out.

i will never lose my faith in humanity. to everyone who has been writing me letters of support, i salute you! you give me faith and hope. and courage to keep on believing. i am sorry i can not write back to each and everyone of you, but i have saved your letters... and re-read when i need to.

to my neighbors... it is actually illegal for me to communicate with you directly. that is why i have not written back. but i want to take this risk now to thank you for your letters of support. you have no idea how much it means to me. you are human, i am human. we are both suffering. i know there are many of you who don't approve this. thank you so much for speaking out.

it is sunday morning and my husband and i are going to try and do somethings we used to do, back in our previous life of two weeks ago. we just made breakfast... fried halloum cheese. it is so good! and we are going to leave the house for a few hours to visit family and friends. i am going to see maya!

last night, after i went to sleep, we heard three bombs dropped on Dahiye, our bed shook, but i looked into my husband eyes and felt safe. i hugged him so tight and thought to myself. "if this is my time to die, i wouldn't want to have it any other way."

7 Comments:

Blogger Fayrouz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Fayrouz said...

Zena
Through your words I reach to your neighbours who went to the street yesterday perhaps same time then you. They also demanded to stop the killing on both sides. If there is any hope for our children, the children I wish you will have, this is it.
I am glad you are having a good start of the day.
I will come back to read you. Thanks for giving me a cheerful thought.

5:00 PM  
Blogger dasfjsa;r[0q3wuer said...

Thank you for maintaining this blog under the horendous conditions you are being forced to live under. It humanizes (if that is the proper word) just what is going on over there.

Again thank you and I wish I could do more than simply wish you good luck but that will have to do.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Darsh-Safsata said...

Thankyou Zena for all your sincer and live words that all of us need to hear to feel of the human in the middle of all the figures we hear

i tried to gather information about the ways people can do to support any person in lebanon, plz if you have anymore information send it to me or publish it so we can find something to do from our side

meanwhile i cant understand that speaking between people can be "illegal", if you need to use me as intermediate with anyone in the world plz don't hesitate to email me

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are one of those who just make a difference. Your voice is now heared all over the world, telling people of how horrible war is and what it does to normal people.
I forwarded this link to all my friends, hopefully most will do the same thing.
Your voice has been heared in Romania.

Every day, I hope the war will stop. Why don't people from free countries protest against war? Are they scared?

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zena
Somitimes in this life, God leaves us no greater weapon than hope and faith even in our most desperate and most trying times. We never realise it but we have it all the time. It may not seem like it, but it works and we have no other option but to use it. Have hope and faith Zena,it might just be what it takes to create a better tomorrow.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zena,

My heart is with you and all those trapped by the horrible circumstances there. You are so right: "Violence begets only violence." Our American taxdollars, which are paying for munitions for Israel, are causing massive death and destruction in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Heaven help us! This is such a crime.

The media in the States is so horribly biaised. The general public is oblivious to the root of the problem, which is Palestine. We are all entitled to raise our children in peace with hope for the future. Why are Palestinians deprived of this basic human right? Until this situation is reversed, there will never be peace in the Middle East and spillover into the West will become a much more common occurrence.

God bless you and keep you and your loved ones safe.

Warmly,

Claire

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home